Thursday, June 2, 2011

Veggie CheeseDog Wrap

Sandwiches are an art. At least as far as I'm concerned. Sure, sometimes it gets me into trouble; I'll get carried away, spending 10 or 15 minutes putting it all together, elaborating on finishing touches... I may not make it out the door in time, but I ALWAYS seem to enjoy my lunch!


This is what I packed today, so I haven't tried it and can't vouch for it yet. But it looks good, and really, what could be bad about a CheeseDog?






Veggie CheeseDog Wrap
- 1 whole wheat wrap


- 1 or 2 veggie hot dogs, sliced into strips


- 1/4 of a vidalia onion, sliced thin


- Cheddar Cheese


- 2 sweet gherkins, sliced thin



Heat a pan with cooking spray, toss in your hotdog strips. When they start to crisp, throw in your onions. Place cheese on the wrap, then thin sliced pickles, then top with crispy hotdog strips and then onions once the onions have just softened and begun to brown. Roll it all up, pack with a bagful of carrots or whatever else, and enjoy with ketchup or hot sauce if you know what's good.



variations: add anything that would be good on a hotdog - roasted red peppers, basil, sauerkraut, mustard... or add scrambled eggs for an awesome breakfast burrito!

No comments:

Post a Comment