Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Curry-Raisin Chicken

I'm going to start off with telling you to buy Curry Paste. Curry Powder is good and all, but has nothing close to the depth of flavor in the paste, and this dish would've been a whole lot tastier with it. So, although I used the powder, I'm going to pretend that I had/used the paste.
I was inspired by the Indian tandoori idea of marinating meat in spiced yogurt to keep it moist, but decided to go with coconut milk instead. I mixed curry paste and coconut milk and let the chicken sit in it all day. In the late afternoon it occurred to me that raisins would be a nice complement to the spicy curry paste, so I threw those in too.Later I cooked it all up with some steamed broccoli and served it over rice and it was awesome. Only thing missing was a little onion chutney.

Curry Raisin Chicken

(serves 2)
- 5 chicken tenders
- 1/3 c coconut milk
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1/2 tsp each cumin, garlic powder
- 1/4 c raisins
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 c steamed broccoli
- 1 c steamed rice

Mix coconut milk, curry paste and spices. Pour over the chicken, add the raisins, and let marinate in the fridge for many hours. When ready to eat, cook rice and steam broccoli, and in a small frying pan saute onions, then add the chicken (cut into cubes) and then pour in the coconut milk marinade and the raisins. Season with extra curry powder if desired and cook until chicken is cooked through and hot. Serve over rice WITH ONION CHUTNEY

No comments:

Post a Comment