Friday, July 15, 2011

Tuck and Roll

I had some leftover crab meat from the Crab Cakes that I made the other night, and not being one to waste, I started thinking about what I could do with it.
At first I planned to mix it in with a Clam Sauce for pasta, but I've been there and done that, and wanted to try something new...
I've seen crab-stuffed fish in the markets before, like Tilapia, Flounder or even Salmon, and thought it would be fun to try my hand at it. I didn't have a recipe, but jumped right in all the same, and the results were delicious! Light and buttery, the baby flounder rolled around the crab came out tasting like lobster, and needed nothing more than a squeeze of fresh lemon to top it all off.

Crab-Stuffed Flounder
(serves 3)

- 1/2 c crab meat

- 1 tsp Durkese Dressing, Horseradish Sauce or Mayo
- 1 tbsp Old Bay

- 3 tbsp pimentos (roasted red pepper), minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 3 baby flounder fillets
- 1 tbsp butter, melted

- lemon pepper, onion powder, smoked paprika

Preheat oven to 350. Mix crab meat and durkese dressing in a bowl, then add old bay, pimentos and parsley. Lay fillets out on a plate, and scoop a third of the crab mixture onto each. Roll each fillet, starting from the narrow (tail) end, and place seam-side down in an oiled baking dish. Brush the top of each roll with butter and sprinkle with lemon pepper, onion powder and smoked paprika. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until fish is white and just flaky, and give it 2 minutes under the broiler before removing. Serve with a wedge of fresh lemon and ratatouille.

No comments:

Post a Comment