Saturday, July 9, 2011

Strawburry Jam

That's right, I did it. I made jam. And not just any jam, strawberry jam. And not just strawberry jam, sugar-free strawberry jam. So it's good for you, get it?
I have an aunt who makes the best jams from seasonal fruit up in Maine. Strawberry, raspberry, grape, peach even, all of them awesome. She showed me how to do it a couple years ago, but I didn't give it a go until this morning. But am I glad I did!
Although the recipe called for 3 cups of mashed strawberries, I only had 1, so i just did a little math and "thirded" the recipe, which is awesome if you only want to make one jar of jam and experiment with flavor combos before making a large batch.
Right now, I'm thinking the possibilities are endless... and you will too once you find out how easy this is
"I hope you like Jammin too" - Bob Marley

Strawberry Jam
(makes 1 jar)

- 1 cup mashed strawberries
- 1/4 c water
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp SureJell pectin
- 1/4 to 1/2 c splenda
- 1 tsp Maple Extract

Mix berries and water and SureJell in a sauce pan and bring to a full boil. Boil, stirring constantly for a full minute. Remove from heat, stir in the splenda, ladle it into a mason jar and seal immediately. That's it, you're done!
Once it's cool put it in the fridge, and then get yourself to the store for some bread and peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment