You're probably wondering What the Hell?
Blame Canada. And my impulses. But mostly Canada.
I saw this in a supermarket a couple of years ago on a road trip to Canada, and had to buy it.
That was two years ago.
These aren't just snails. They're old snails. Bring it.
Nothing a little wine and herbs can't handle.
- 1 can of snails (hahahaha)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1/4 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 c clam juice
- 1/4 c white wine
- 1 tsp each oregano, basil, onion and garlic powders
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp fleur de sel (salt)
- 1 serving whole wheat pasta
- grated Pecorino Romano cheese for topping
Boil pasta water. Cook pasta. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan and saute onions until just beginning to soften. Add yellow pepper and garlic, and once everything has softened and onions are translucent, pour in the clam juice and white wine and add all of your seasonings, except the fresh tarragon. Once the liquid has reduced to about half, toss in your snails and tarragon, and simmer until everything is nice and hot. Serve over the pasta, top with the grated cheese and black pepper, and shake your hand for being an adventurer.