Monday, September 5, 2011

Shiritake "Beef" Stir Fry

Shiritake noodles arent noodles.
Or are they?
The debate rages.
anyway, they're good.

Shiritake Stir Fry
(serves 2)
- 1 package Shiritake noodles
- 1 package Seitan Strips
- 2 scallions
- Veggies
- 1/4 General Tso's sauce
- 1/4 soy sauce
- pickled ginger, chopped

Rinse shiritake noodles, drain, and parboil for 2 minutes, then drain again and set aside. Slice the white part of the scallions and throw them into a hot skillet with a little sesame oil. Add in sliced mushrooms if using and the seitan strips. When seitan has browned, throw in the shiritake noodles, and then whatever veggies you're using (shredded carrot, sliced pepper, bean sprouts, greens...). Finally, stir in the General Tso's and Soy Sauces and serve right away. Garnish with pickled ginger and chopped green part of the scallions, and enjoy with liberal squirts of Sri Racha hot sauce.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds fabulous, as does the cake just below this post. Having read both posts, I decided I needed to see more. I browsed through some of your other entries and can report I'm happy I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back.I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete