Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sopa de Lima con Arroz y Pollo

Honestly, I'm not sure if this soup is more Asian or Latin, but what I am sure of is that I'm sick. There is something evil in my lungs, and the sinuses and throat are in a sad state. I needed something healthy to tide me over on a Sunday night, and with a smattering of odds and ends supplied by the fridge, a delicious soup was born.
Bad news is I'm still sick... but the soup was good.


Sopa de Lima con Arroz y Pollo
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 c water
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- handful snow peas, chopped
- 1/2 c canned carrots
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 chicken breast, diced
- 1/4 c cooked rice
- 1 tsp cumin
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sri Racha to taste
Saute the onions, then add in the pepper and when softened, add in the snow peas and then the water and chicken bouillon. Season with cumin, salt and pepper. Next, squeeze and toss in the lime, then the chicken, the rice, and finally the carrots. Simmer over medium heat until well mixed. Pour into a bowl, garnish with fresh cilantro and Sri Racha to taste. Hopefully it will work better for you than it did for me, but in any case it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment