Monday, May 21, 2012

Shmokey Moist Pork Chops

Pork Chops are easy to mess up, and gross when dry. That's why I hardley ever cook or eat them. So when I found myself craving them the other day, I wanted to make sure to do it right. And did I ever!
I got thick bone-in chops for prime moisture retention, and let these babies marinate for 24 hours to let the flavors infuse the meat.
It worked like a charm. A deliciouse, juicy charm.

Hickory-Mustard Herbed Pork Chops
- 1/4 c hickory syrup (or maple)
- 1/4 c grain mustard
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ground thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- bone-in pork chops
- smoked paprika, salt, pepper

Season meat with paprika, salt and pepper, and let sit for a couple of hours. Mix the marinade ingredients, and then use a fork to poke holes in the meat before pouring overtop. Transfer meat and marinade to a ziplock bag and let sit in fridge for 24 hours.
Take the meat out to let warm to room temperature before cooking. Preheat grill for 10 minutes, and then sear each side on high heat, before reducing heat to medium and cooking for about 10 minutes on each side until cooked in the center.
I served this with Garlic Spinach and roasted potato wedges seasoned with Old Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment